[AusNOG] Government intends to pass TSSR this parliament

Scott Weeks surfer at mauigateway.com
Thu Jun 15 14:38:34 EST 2017

--- mpalmer at hezmatt.org wrote:
From: Matt Palmer <mpalmer at hezmatt.org>

This isn't about spies, this is about terruhrists.

No it's about the poor little kids: "12 year old Zynab Al-Harbiya
was killed in a suicide bombing in Iraq." and "Kirsty Boden and
Sara Zelenak" and "Kai Hao, a husband and a father in Melbourne"
and...and...and...

So "what more must we do?" to "do everything possible to keep
Australians safe and maintain our way of life, our values and
our freedom."

So, the only choice is to allow them access to all access to
everyone's communications because "Metadata has proven vital in
nearly every serious criminal investigation conducted today."
(Nearly every one!  Wow, whatta stellar record!)

Because "...this is not about creating or exploiting “backdoors”
as some privacy advocates continue to say despite constant
reassurance from us."

It's about freedom and saving little kids and their puppies!!

>;-)
scott

ps. I puked a little reading that and pasting in the crap...