[AusNOG] Government intends to pass TSSR this parliament

James Andrewartha trs80 at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Tue Jun 13 16:16:15 EST 2017

https://www.pm.gov.au/media/2017-06-13/national-security-statement

Also includes the usual BS about breaking encryption in the name of
national security, aka the war on maths.

"However encrypted messaging applications are also used by criminals and
terrorists - at the moment much of this traffic is difficult for our
security agencies to decrypt, and indeed for our Five Eyes partners as
well.

Most of the major platforms of this kind are based in the United States
where a strong libertarian tradition resists Government access to private
communications as the FBI found when Apple would not help unlock the
iPhone of the dead San Bernardino terrorist.

The privacy of a terrorist can never be more important than public safety.
Never."

# UCC Wheel Member     http://trs80.ucc.asn.au/ #|  what squirrels do best     |