[AusNOG] Optus outage last night?

Evan Dent evan at evandent.com
Wed Jul 5 17:25:10 EST 2017

The thing is even if you have multiple name servers, if the request NS does
not time out, the client will not then move onto the next NS .

I am unsure about the specifics  Optus incident

I have it before where a site has its forwarders set to a central location.
The site has local internet connectivity and connectivity to the central
location but the central location lost its internet link.

Although. Multiple forwarders were set, because the central ones were at
the top of the list and were able to be contacted but could not resolve
anything, the site on the edge was unable to browse the web.