[AusNOG] Ookla host requirements

Sam Koerner skoerner at kodotech.com.au
Wed Jul 5 06:24:39 EST 2017

Hi Guys - we started running an Ookla speedtest host in our network a month or two ago now, its running under a linux vmware virtual environment and lately we have been noticing some web socket latency and below par test results creeping in. Everything looks good re normal latency and iperf to box etc and plenty of resources free - tried almost all the normal slow VMWARE tricks to no avail. Ookla techs said virtualisation isn't really supported but before moving it to a physical box to test further I thought I would see how people running under virtualisation is working for them? We only run up to 1gbps no requirement for faster.

Cheers,

Sam