[AusNOG] Anyone know about this? High speed internet for Queensland's Richmond graziers

paul+ausnog at oxygennetworks.com.au paul+ausnog at oxygennetworks.com.au
Tue Jan 24 18:33:31 EST 2017

Of course you are correct Mark, nobody would argue that, none of this should be necessary, but it is, and it’s people like this who highlight that fact often.

The problem is that people, sometimes like this guy in QLD, sometimes keen smaller comms providers who want to help the customers get better than wet string speed to their business, spend lots of time and money to come up with innovative solutions to make stuff work, to get a solution to a problem which is better than the big guys are willing to do or care about, or even just “A” solution. Unfortunately all that we see now is that these smaller guys, and yes we are one of them, get subjected to forced wholesale pricing because the little guy has invested their own money, blood sweat and tears into building stuff to help people, no matter how much money they make or lose, and who are we to make something in competition to NBN, how dare we go out on a limb and do something at our cost and risk and try and make some money out of it.

So there will always be stories like this, even when NBN is finished by 2020 apparently, Australia is full of people who will go the extra mile when the big guys won’t and do that bit extra to help a mate out, it’s what makes Australia what it is today.

Paul