[AusNOG] Anyone know about this? High speed internet for Queensland's Richmond graziers

Mark Newton newton at atdot.dotat.org
Tue Jan 24 16:33:01 EST 2017

This is the third instance in a few weeks that I’ve seen the media reporting on groups or individuals incurring significant hassle and personal expense to compensate for the failure of the NBN to deliver an acceptable service.

The first was that guy on ABC 7.30 who gets his broadband access over WiFi tethering by winching a mobile phone in a zip-loc bag into the top of a tree outside his house.  The second was that silly fairfax thing about the guy saying you could get faster-than-NBN services by bonding multiple NBN services (duh).

None of this should be necessary. The fact that there are news articles about it is an indictment of comprehensive dismal failure.

  - mark