[AusNOG] Gateway Router firewall

Peter Fern ausnog at 0xc0dedbad.com
Wed Jan 11 11:11:28 EST 2017

On 11/01/17 10:29, Glenn Hocking wrote:
> For my situation I am going to try out pfSense, it seems to have come
> a long way since I last tried it. It seems to do everything I need,
> plus the CARP redundancy looks great! My hand rolled perl scripts to
> achieve gateway device failover do cause me some anguish.
>
> I currently use or have played with many of the packages listed but
> the following pfSense features URL does state that 'Packages: Some are
> in beta stage'. The primary package that I will need under pfSense is
> the OpenBGPD. I currently use Quagga bgpd.

If you're on x86 hardware, you might also check out the OPNSense fork
while you're testing.  It doesn't have a UI for Quagga currently, but it
is available as a package:

https://docs.opnsense.org/manual/how-tos/quagga.html

Your other requirements should all be handled from the GUI (which is a
fair bit more usable than pfSense IMO).