[AusNOG] Au > South Africa Customer Link

Brad Peczka brad at bradpeczka.com
Mon Dec 18 15:19:18 EST 2017

Best routing you'll get at the moment is SEA-ME-WE 3 (when it's up, hah) to Singapore, overland to Malaysia, and then via SAFE to South Africa.

You'll need to be choosy about your provider though - given Telstra Global have an interest in both cables, they might be a good first start.

There was talk of a consortium called the Australia West Express putting in a cable between Perth and Djibouti via Diego Garcia, who would be the best bet for a low latency Africa link, but they've gone very quiet of late...

Regards,

-Brad.