[AusNOG] Victorian Police - internal assistance??

Edward Savage epssyis at gmail.com
Wed Aug 30 12:55:08 EST 2017

I’ve had this happen a handful of times.

I figure they spend their day helping others, in these cases almost always
assisting people in urgent need of care and help, and so in turn I can
spare the five minutes it takes to give them a rudimentary understanding of
what they need to progress in their task.

They don’t know (or honestly care) what an IP address is, they just want to
respond as quickly as possible.  It’s exactly the same as how I wouldn’t
know how to help the person they’re tracking down and would need to reach
out for help.

To each their own, and maybe some compassion.

/2cents

Edward