[AusNOG] ip-dslam

Nick Edwards nick.z.edwards at gmail.com
Thu Aug 24 20:36:05 EST 2017

Hi,

We have a need to install dslams in a building, I have read that some
IP-DSLAMs are complete packages (including terminating ppp sessions thereby
not requiring a  BRAS/BNG/LNS foo and bar), just needing radius for AAA
stuff and an internet connection. Prefer minimum of 48 port units (we need
190 ports), but we could live with bunch of 24's if we have to, no we
haven't talked to Nokia, since I'm told unless we want to serve millions of
ports they tend to ignore you.

My google fu for three days escapes me, all the ones I can find still
require a BRAS, but we looking to avoid this, and i'm sure I've heard of
such breasts being available in the past.

We a requirement for this for a reason, so before some smart arse says it,
no, no NBN :)

If anyone is aware of such devices, be grateful to hear
brand/make/model/whatever so we can do more research on it/them

Thanks!