[AusNOG] NextDC Melbourne - Scheduled Power Maintenance - 15th, August

Chad Kelly chad at cpkws.com.au
Thu Aug 10 15:37:19 EST 2017

On 8/10/2017 2:47 PM, ausnog-request at lists.ausnog.net wrote:
> Maybe it could be helpful to the Ausnog list to point us to that law you refer too?
>
> As I personally have never heard or seen this done in any DC in Australia, or the world in the past 15 years I have been housing gear in Data Centres.
>
> I agree that gear should have 2N, and it doesn?t affect me, but there are people that have equipment that have single fed devices, and I believe you don?t allow self installed STS devices to be installed? I could be wrong.
>
> In any case, it would be interesting to see the law the requires you to shut down boards.
Given you own a few DC's in NSW it would pay to check the OHS laws in
that state, but the Electrical safety stuff comes under those laws hear
in Vic.
http://www.ohsrep.org.au/faqs/ohs-reps-@-work-electrical-safety-/electrical-equipment-what-are-the-lawsguidelines
So basically its more red tape from government.
Not sure when they last did it but Micron21 have had to do similar work
in the last few years as well.
Regards Chad.

--
Chad Kelly