[AusNOG] Shout out to providers in Global Switch Sydney (or Singapore)

Bevan Slattery bevan at slattery.net.au
Thu Apr 20 12:38:52 EST 2017

Hi all,

I'm just wondering if people can help.  We (Cloudscene) just launched out
first quarterly global leaderboard of DC ecosystems.  Can be found here:

https://cloudscene.com/news/2017/04/dcleaderboard/

Importantly when we look at Oceania (mostly ANZ) we notice that Global
Switch is lower in rankings than we know it should be.  The fundamental
issue is that Global Switch provided more of a "wholesale" offering in
which most of it's customers have other ISP customers which they don't have
visibility to.  As such Global Switches ranking is not a full reflection of
their standing.  Whilst this does happen to other providers, GS is by far
the greatest affected.

As we only include validated entries they are in a bit of a bind.  But
providers can nominate!

So what I am asking is that if you are a network provider in Global Switch
(Australia or Singapore for that matter), please can you update Cloudscene
by contacting Jeremy?  This is a free resource for the industry to use when
assessing DC space or buying/selling services within same.

If you are in Global Switch Sydney check out if you are listed.

https://cloudscene.com/data-center/australia/sydney/global-switch-global-switch-sydney-west

Ta

[b]