[AusNOG] Recommendations for cloud-based VoIP call centre solution

Mark Cheeseman (lists) mark-lists at cheeseman.org
Tue Apr 18 18:13:16 EST 2017

Hi NOGgers,

We have a need to staff what you could call "pop-up" call centres from time to time (2-3 times a year). Our current service provider is closing down so I'm looking for a new solution for our needs. I expect there are vendors of such systems on this list but I'm also after recommendations from those who run call centres (most of you?) as to what works (or not) in a similar environment.

Looking for a PC-bsaed softphone app and a cloud-hosted switch that work nicely together without too much configuration as our applications for this solution are for periods of weeks or months, not years. Looking for between 30 and 50 operators, depending on which event we are covering. Calls will be received by way of a 1800 or 1300 number diverted to the service. Calls will all to/from be Australian (mostly NSW) numbers, if that affects anything nowadays.

Looking for the following features:

  *   An IVR to allow us to triage the calls according to a variety of voice/number prompts (yet to be determined, but likely to be between 3 and 5 options for each application)

  *   A system to allow us to group sets of call centre staff together in one group to respond to calls received through triage

  *   Need to transfer calls to other landlines/other 1300 or 1800 numbers/mobiles (in case we have to escalate calls to the next support level, which is handled by a different organisation)
  *   Pretty decent reporting either internally, or an export for external analysis, to help identify call patterns for future call centre sizing and staffing
  *   One of the applications will be using a third-party JIRA instance for ticketing so any integration with that API (not sure exactly what methods the API exposes) would be a nice-to-have.

Replies on- or off-list are fine. Happy to summarise those received off-list if there is enough interest.

Thanks,

Mark