[AusNOG] Lessons Learned From SA Blackout

Joshua D'Alton joshua at railgun.com.au
Fri Sep 30 21:04:39 EST 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slDAvewWfrA  is an interesting watch along
these lines.. its a massive sudden increase in load, vs a sudden drop in
supply, but core failure scenario is the same.

Comparing this SA failure to some large cloud outages in the last decade
due to cascading load shifts.. very similar to electricity in the
fundamentals as you suggest. Highly interesting regardless!