[AusNOG] NBN Co to offer RSP Specific CVC Pricing

Bevan Slattery bevan at slattery.net.au
Thu Sep 29 09:02:35 EST 2016

***JOURNO's NO QUOTING AS PART OF AUSNOG CHARTER***

I've used the words "Gallactically stupid" before when it comes to CVC
pricing, but this whole concept is even more incredibly stupid.  What is
bigger than the entire galaxy?!

http://www.afr.com/technology/web/nbn/data-to-be-cheaper-under-new-pricing-regime-nbn-chief-executive-bill-morrow-says-20160923-grn2gg

I mean seriously.  Is this just one absolute joke or a horror story?  When
will I wake up from this incredible stupidity?!  RSP based
dimensioning/pricing.  What the actual ****?!  A fan of Bill Morrow's and
up until this point, it's been Conroy's mess they are trying to
unscramble.  But if creating completely discriminatory pricing arrangement
that FORCES telco's to COMMIT to bandwidth quotas across a massive basket
of users hundreds of thousands of users (even millions) and for
applications that have different peak requirements, then this car crash is
about to turn into a complete train wreck.

Discriminatory pricing on an RSP basis?!  What the actual ****?!  Not only
have we thrown out the competitive based infrastructure principles the we
had worked on for 20 years, but now we have a new monopoly we are also
about to introduce discriminatory pricing too?!  Disciminatory pricing?!
Allan Fels is rolling over in his grave and he's not even dead yet!

Bill - seriously mate.  Whoever in your team that came up with this idea of
discriminatory pricing and "average based discount"- you need to keep the
hell away from them, because they are the most clueless and dangerous
individual in this industry and will possibly end your career if this is
the best you've got.

RSP based pricing that forces telco's to go after specific users.  My god
it's the Muppet Show.  Time we get responsible adults to take control of
this basket case before this train-wreck goes thermonuclear.

[b]