[AusNOG] RISK - IT Industry - Concern Over Equipment, Being, Installed in Data Centre Facilities - Further Replies

Chad Kelly chad at cpkws.com.au
Wed Sep 28 13:35:24 EST 2016

On 9/28/2016 12:00 PM, ausnog-request at lists.ausnog.net wrote:
> Or should we perhaps talk about how easy it is to commit fraud?
>
> Yes... lets give blueprints to people who are motived by malice so that
> they can go off and do what we're suggesting puts us at risk.

Security through obscurity just doesn't work.

Kids are taught how to use computers and the internet at a very young
age now a days.

We have lawyers and signed agreements for a reason, when discussing
commercially sensitive data, that is why NDAs exist.

As for discussing how to commit fraud and other such things, don't be
stupid.

By all means discuss ways of preventing it though, plenty of discussions
on both preventing fraud and other security methods have taken place on
the various web hosting forums over the years.

These were all public discussions.

At the end of the day it all comes down to money and the team and or
partners that you have involved with the business.

--
Chad Kelly
Manager