[AusNOG] RISK - IT Industry - Concern Over Equipment Being, Installed in Data Centre Facilities - Further Replies

chrismacko80 chrismacko80 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 19:07:12 EST 2016

Bob, what good is physical separation in separate data centres if the
same ability to wheel in damaging equipment by clients is present, not
to mention the number of newly arrived foreign nationals we employee
in our provisioning, support and technical employment sets in lots of
data centre businesses. Police checks can only do so much when it
comes to vetting a newly arrived employee from overseas.

As a side note, I visited a local CBA branch today, and saw a form in
the waiting area on a desk for filling in by employees when dealing
with suspected bomb packages. I asked the employee if I could take a
photo, she advised I couldn't as they weren't allowed to provide that
information to others. Had I just wanted to take a photo of my puppy
Moira I would have been able to grab a photo, it displayed the CBA and
BankWest logos. The banks take the threat seriously even for a single
branch, why don't we as business owners take responsibility and
collaborate together to fix the gap as an entire industry?

Who's a team player and willing to work on this together?

Chris.