[AusNOG] LBNCo RSPs - Dissapointment

Skeeve Stevens skeeve+ausnog at eintellegonetworks.com
Mon Sep 26 00:46:48 EST 2016

This is pretty sad. I was trying to find an RSP for a resident in a
building on the LBNCo Network, and it was a painful journey.

I checked the LBNCo Checker and it worked perfectly... then things go bad.

Going down their RSP list on:
http://www.lbnco.com.au/residents/already-connected/

(LBNCo - please hyper link the logos to the RSPs site - not the image file)

This is ALL the listed RPSs. There may be more, but they are not on the
website.

- *Fuzenet* (Owned by LBNCo) - It just works - but not unexpected given you
are owned by LBNCo.

- *Exetel* - Lookup fails - recommends ADSL

- *Active Utilities* - No Coverage Tool; No plans

- *AusBBS* - Front checker doesn't show the address or allow search;
Internet link plans selector is broken and makes no sense

- *Clear Networks* - No Coverage checker that I can find; No mention of
LBNCo or VSDL in menus or plans.

- *Varsity Internet* (Also owned by LBNCo AFAIK) - Link goes to a https -
which is broken; No Coverage checker

- *Active8me* - Plan Speeds.... between? No actual speed listed? LBNCo not
listed on your site or under Wholesale Providers

- *Harbour ISP* - Internet/LBNCo Fibre (No mention of VDSL); You refer to
the LBNCo Rollout Tool, but can't find it anywhere

- *ActiveNet* - Residential Checker - No Street Type for 'Walk' in menu
(which is the address), No Unit number either (Which is needed)

Guys... really - 1 RSP works? As someone who is looking for an option from
a customers perspective, this is pretty crap. Do you even want to sell
services?

LBNCo.. you should be having a word with your RSPs - How can they sell your
services given the above?

...Skeeve

*Skeeve Stevens - Founder & The Architect* - eintellego Networks Pty Ltd
Email: skeeve at eintellegonetworks.com ; Web: eintellegonetworks.com

Cell +61 (0)414 753 383 ; Skype: skeeve ; LinkedIn: /in/skeeve
<http://linkedin.com/in/skeeve> ; Expert360: Profile
<https://expert360.com/profile/d54a9> ; Keybase: https://keybase.io/skeeve