[AusNOG] Ransomware...

paul+ausnog at oxygennetworks.com.au paul+ausnog at oxygennetworks.com.au
Fri Sep 23 08:31:33 EST 2016

We have had some customers pay and some customers suck it up, some have lost data and some have recovered from backups, Skeeve is right, you can’t really comment on this until it’s your business and your data.

Whilst I implicitly don’t agree with paying criminals, when your business would suffer serious issues because a backup failed or you didn’t have one then paying $500 or so in bitcoins is a worthwhile loss when comparing the alternatives.

Regards
Paul