[AusNOG] Cold calling on my private number?

Mike Taylor mtaylor at totalteam.co.nz
Thu Sep 15 11:18:06 EST 2016

Yeah, but my number is unlisted, it's only in my sig, and I havent' had
any previous dealings with Megaport. I don't generally post to any other
public lists than this one. I don't use my work email for private stuff.
I'm in the back room mostly, so i don't drop my business cards in jars
on the bar, or give business cards out to randoms etc...

My incoming spam has gone up dramatically in the last couple of months,
so I'm obviously 'on a list' now, so it has been harvested fairly
recently, and unfortunately for Megaport, this was the first cold call
I've gotten to the private, unlisted number.

Perhaps Megaport would like to share how they got my details, because I
am really curious (in a techie/security, 'how does my data leak out
there?' kind of way)

Best Regards,

Mike

Mike Taylor