[AusNOG] The shape of DDoS to come

Peter Tiggerdine ptiggerdine at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 11:17:23 EST 2016

Is there any evidence to suggest that IoT devices played a part on this
DDoS? My understanding is we're still dealing with the same problem as
ever; unpatched/secured desktops/routers/switches which when you consider
how accessible large amounts of bandwidth is explain the increase in DDoS
size.

Most IoT devices don't enough CPU power to contribute more than 1K
sustained. Doesn't mean there's not alot to be done in the security space
with IoT, just means there's better targets with greater return.

Regards,

Peter Tiggerdine

GPG Fingerprint: 2A3F EA19 F6C2 93C1 411D 5AB2 D5A8 E8A8 0E74 6127

On Thu, Oct 27, 2016 at 9:54 AM, mike at thebibers.com <mbiber at ipv6forum.com.au