[AusNOG] Aust IPv6 growth now tripled

Mark Delany g2x at juliet.emu.st
Fri May 20 18:08:06 EST 2016

On 20May16, Petri Ojala allegedly wrote:

> What about the AU mobile carriers, did someone enable IPv6 in the iPhone carrier profile?

It does seem that mobile providers in general are more aggressive
(progressive?) about v6 deployment. Possibly because the plethora of
mobile devices are burning thru v4 space.

I see that Telstra is starting to roll v6 out to some of their
residential terrestrial services but apart from them and a few
boutique providers there is still a paucity of v6 residential
providers in AU.

You'd think that the transition to the NBN would be a good opportunity
to activate v6, but apparently not.

Mark.