[AusNOG] Off Topic - Brisbane recruitment recommendations

Brad Peczka brad at bradpeczka.com
Thu May 12 11:36:26 EST 2016

If I recall correctly, some of the feedback provided last time you posted this to the list was that your salary range ($55k-$65k?) was a little off kilter when compared to the market.

If you're still having a difficult time trying to fill the position... have you considered revising the salary and/or trying to sell the position better? Teleworking, flexible working hours, funded certifications/training, internet/mobile allowance, laptop, car/car allowance, social club/functions, working with cutting-edge tech or big iron, travel to weird and exotic places?

Recruitment is a two-way street, and the first hurdle (as you're finding out) is getting good applications from great candidates. What benefits can you offer to potential employees to entice them to work for you, instead of the folks down the road?

Regards,
-Brad.