[AusNOG] ISP DNS Options

Tony Wicks tony at wicks.co.nz
Tue May 3 13:17:34 EST 2016

Personally, I’d recommend sticking with bind, but load balance a couple of VM’s behind a couple of pairs of entry level (say 100D, VM01 or larger) Fortigate pairs (built in basic but perfectly adequate load balancing/health checking). That way you can easily and cheaply scale, grow and maintain as needed. This works well.

cheers