[AusNOG] Favourite USB to serial adapter cable

Michael Hobl michael at hobl.com.au
Tue Mar 29 15:21:44 EST 2016

I’ve always still got a UC232A in my bag for incase I have issues with my AnthonyPanda BT adapter.

I know a fair few people using the PL2303 chipset cables however driver support (on OSX at least) is finicky at best. Chances are you will need to pay for the open-source driver or compile it yourself to get decent functionality out of one.

-Michael