[AusNOG] Telstra mobile

Joshua D'Alton joshua at railgun.com.au
Thu Mar 17 19:35:08 EST 2016

Well when your phone dials, usually there is the call setup and ring tone
and so on - calls that fail literally just after you push dial, that is
different.

Than say getting a busy signal or the like, or a ring out (a test call to
my landline did as such).

In the USA testing like this may result in a callback, but I believe their
criteria are a little more involved than just a call that drops straight
away or the like.

Also in saying that, there are people who's job it is to monitor things
like 000 availability, its useful to have friends in interesting places ;)