[AusNOG] Temporary satellite recommendations

Chris Gibbs chris at chribbsdesign.com.au
Thu Jul 14 12:42:07 EST 2016

Hey All,

We have a customer in a bit of a bind, we are waiting for the permanent
satellite to be installed for data comms at a site but it looks like it
will not be installed before we begin to hold up the project and site
commissioning.

We need options for a temporary satellite at a fixed NSW location, assume
that the site has good LOS to all major satellites. 1Mbps+ symmetrical with
Internet handoff in NSW would be great.

Would need to be up and going in 2 weeks. Assume around 90 days for use.

There is no cell, pstn, or fixed WISP in this location.

Any ideas or recommendations offlist would be great please.

Kind Regards,

Chris Gibbs / Managing Director
chris at chribbsdesign.com.au / 0417942837

Chribbs Design