[AusNOG] Open Networking

Nik Geyer nik at neko.id.au
Wed Jul 6 01:49:56 EST 2016

I thought Quagga now had LDP support (LDPd port from OpenBSD) and Cumulus was working on the Quagga -> Zebra -> Kernel LFIB code as we speak, and it should be available "real soon now".

The argument around why buy a $40k router when a $10k switch will do the job is a valid one, just make sure you validate all your technical requirements properly. For example, the way the UFT's are carved up on Trident can be odd at times, there are LFIB table size limits (that are different for ingress or transit labels), and so on. If it ticks all the boxes then go for it. Also if you need long distance optics or coherent optics, you'll be back to using a router ;)

Sent from my iPhone