[AusNOG] 4G LTE bridges

Thomas Jackson thomas at thomax.com.au
Fri Jul 1 11:19:13 EST 2016

+1 for the Mikrotik RBSXTLTE, I have one attached to my TV antenna mast at home (backup link) which I have speed tested at 63mbit down / 23mbit up on Telstra (admittedly I am about 800m away from the tower with reasonably clear LOS).

The only caveat is that it only supports the 1800MHz and 2600MHz bands, so make sure to check you have coverage in those bands (the ACMA search tool is helpful here [0]).

I'd do anything to avoid the USB dongles, we have a couple of sites that use these for backup links and we're forever having issues with them.

[0] http://web.acma.gov.au/pls/radcom/assignment_range.search