[AusNOG] High-speed internet usage required (Northern Beaches)

Damien Gardner Jnr rendrag at rendrag.net
Wed Jan 20 22:58:53 EST 2016

Go sit in the work area opposite the rec room, on the free wifi, and upload
it from there over 5-6 hours? :)

Or plug a thumbdrive with the maildir's on it into your server? :)

Or heck, just leave a laptop uploading the data, sitting on top of the
rack, plugged in via ethernet for a couple of hours while you go get lunch?
:)

On 20 January 2016 at 15:40, Luke Thompson <luke.thompson at inksystems.com.au>
wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> We're down in Manly and have a client who we are moving from on-site IMAP
> to hosted IMAP, however their connection is insufficient to imapsync over
> their connection and the hardware we're working with is slowly failing so
> we're not eager to move it off premises.
>
> We are preparing to perform an on-site imapsync to one of our devices
> which we can then take off-site, however we then require an internet
> connection to perform the upload through. We're looking at around 80GB of
> upload.
>
> Once that's done, we can perform an incremental looped sync over their
> connection without issue.
>
> Is there anyone in the area (extending as far as North Sydney, CBD, etc,
> potentially further) who is willing to allow us to upload the data for a
> fee?
>
> This would be immensely appreciated as Equinix aren't overly open to us
> using the shared rack area as a workspace which would of course be ideal.
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Luke Thompson
> Systems Administrator