[AusNOG] Data Retention - List of Agencies

Seamus Ryan Seamus.Ryan at melbourneit.com.au
Tue Jan 19 22:56:29 EST 2016

Quite right, BUT lets look at the facts!:

-          Lakemba Jewellery: found guilty for using an unverified measuring instrument. It was fined $5,000.

-          Coles Supermarkets Australia: Pleaded guilty for using "a weighing instrument not at zero while uploaded and shortfalls of up to 9.4% in prepacked lamb chops". Fined $3,000.

-          Santoshi International Pty Ltd: Pleaded guilty to "shortfalls of up to 50% in prepacked spices". Fined $3,000.

-          Woolworths Ltd: Pleaded guilty "to shortfalls of up to 41% in prepacked birthday cakes". Fined $3,300.

"Brandis said was the purpose of the new data retention laws was to pursue "serious criminal investigations".

[http://memesvault.com/wp-content/uploads/Laughing-Meme-01.jpg]

We are beyond reasoning or understanding, all I can do at this point is sit back and laugh :( ?