[AusNOG] Experiences with Vultr

Chad Kelly chad at cpkws.com.au
Tue Jan 5 15:36:07 EST 2016

On 1/5/2016 12:00 PM, ausnog-request at lists.ausnog.net wrote:
>    I am getting in contact with their sales staff but in case its a hard
> explanation for a non-technical user (assuming their sales are non-tech)
> - does anyone on list know if they do a similar setup to say AWS where
> can use a VXC on a peering fabric, and place your own IP's on the
> virtual instances so traffic still comes in via my own peering / transit
> points? I know they offer BGP peering within their own network to
> announce our own IP's but I'd much rather a VXC and have everything come
> through my
I would see what the sales staff at Vultr have to say.
But another service that you can look at is the Private Cloud
Co-location service from Micron21.
They give you capacity on their Vmware infrastructure for when you need
extra resources, and as they own the DC you can co-locate your own
networking gear with them as well and they offer support as a part of
the deal.
You can also combine the service with their A10 load balance  gear for
mission critical services.

http://www.micron21.com/managed_virtual_colocation.php

--
Chad Kelly