[AusNOG] More spamming scum.

Chad Kelly chad at cpkws.com.au
Mon Feb 29 13:55:13 EST 2016

On 2/29/2016 1:15 PM, Ross Wheeler wrote:

> On Mon, 29 Feb 2016, Chad Kelly wrote:
>
>> You can't be serious?
>> The guy is using Hostpapa as a web host.
>
> If you were knowingly doing the wrong thing, would you host it on any
> of your own infrastructure?

But the entire website is hosted overseas which isn't a good look for an
Australian company in the telecoms industry.
I run IronPort now a days so get very little spam.
I only get  email marketing that I want to actually read for the most part.
SpamAssasin is good as well, providing you spend a while configuring it,
or buy a tool that does the job for you, some products exist for Cpanel
based servers that do this.
Its easier to just filter the stuff.

You can always complain to ACMA and see what happens.
They might give them a huge fine, or they might  just send them a
threatening looking letter.
Regards Chad.

--
Chad Kelly