[AusNOG] Telstra mobile down "nationwide"

Robert Hudson hudrob at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 14:16:43 EST 2016

I can't call other Telstra mobiles, or my Telstra landline from my Telstra
mobile phone.  The Telstra landline can't make any outgoing calls, but can
receive calls from my work phone (which is provided by MacTel).

Calling 132200 or 133933 results in no answer - amusingly, Telstra's social
media people are suggesting that I call those numbers to report a phone
service not working (including my home phone line which is listed for
medical emergency use).  I just got told it's OK that the home line is
down, our Telstra mobiles will apparently roam to other networks to place
emergency calls (which I assume just means to 000).

Fun times for Telstra...