[AusNOG] TIO Funding Survey

paul+ausnog at oxygennetworks.com.au paul+ausnog at oxygennetworks.com.au
Tue Feb 9 09:35:57 EST 2016

Hi All, recently the TIO sent information to members requesting their thoughts on a funding review for the TIO, I encourage all members to review this information and participate in the survey if they can, it's important to understand how this may affect your business and the TIO seems to be honestly looking for ideas on how they best manage their future funding requirements in a declining complaints environment which is the core to their funding model right now.

I have no interest in this other to hope that whatever direction they take with the funding that they consider members comments, they won't know what you think unless you respond to the survey, and based on their current ideas it's possible that smaller players in the market may just pay more, even if they don't use the service much or at all.

Details on the proposals and current methods for funding are here: Funding Model Review Issues Paper
The survey on the funding is: online survey linked here

I encourage all members to review the paper and respond to the survey, responses close 19/2/16

Regards
Paul