[AusNOG] Internet companies forced to block The Pirate Bay, bittorrent websites in Australia, Federal Court rules

Ross Wheeler ausnog at rossw.net
Tue Dec 20 15:00:57 EST 2016

On Tue, 20 Dec 2016, Michael Keating wrote:

> Looks like DNS as Mark said. Haven't tested workarounds yet, but some
> people on Twitter are past it already.

How many tens of thousands of dollars in legal expense?
How many days/weeks/months of court, judge and legal minds time?

Hours, perhaps minutes to defeat, at a cost of $0.00

Whack-a-Mole will seem trivial, I wonder who will get sick of it first?
The legal people will be rubbing their hands together, the courts are
probably already overworked and dreading it, but I suppose foxtel and
hollywood have very deep pockets (and very long arms, it seems).