[AusNOG] AAPT NBN NCAS (VDSL) Delivery Questions

David Rowe david.rowe at dtsanz.com
Fri Dec 16 15:34:43 EST 2016

Hey Team

We're in the process of ordering out first FTTN NBN VDSL Service through
AAPT Wholesale (NBN NCAS is the product type) however this seems to be a
little different to the normal FTTB NBN Orders we've placed in the past and
we're not really getting the answers we need from AAPT in terms of CPE setup
etc.

I was hoping someone may have had some experience with the NBN VDSL Circuits
and just how best to deliver these to our end user. So a few questions if I
could:

1. As it's delivered over copper pair, our plan was the use a Cisco 887
acting as a bridge (into a Fortinet router). Has anyone had any experience
with 887s on these circuits, do they perform ok and if so would you have an
example of your WAN port config?
2. What CPE UNI Port settings are required? Untagged/Dot1Q, any vlan
priority required?

3. Any other handy bits of info you can provide that may catch us off guard
would be appreciated, seems the FTTN/FTTB deliveries are quite different.

Cheers