[AusNOG] Internet companies forced to block The Pirate Bay, bittorrent websites in Australia, Federal Court rules

Will Dowling will at autodeist.com
Thu Dec 15 17:05:03 EST 2016

> * who tells us ISPs officially, what we have to block?
> * when do they tell us.
> * does it only apply to the big-few, or everyone?
> * if the previous answer is "everyone", who do we bill,
>   and do we have to "trust them" that it'll be paid, or can
>   we just send them the bill and not do anything until it is?

The ruling itself is available online here:
https://www.comcourts.gov.au/file/Federal/P/NSD241/2016/3748942/event/28763079/document/883279 <https://www.comcourts.gov.au/file/Federal/P/NSD241/2016/3748942/event/28763079/document/883279>

IANAL, but it reads as if there is no action for you unless you were a respondent named in the ruling.
IP blocking won’t be super effective given most of the addresses specified are Cloudflare allocations.

Ho hum.

- Will