[AusNOG] Nexus does not receive BPDU at all

Andy S. ciscoarc7 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 20:22:30 EST 2016

Hi guys,

Scratching my head all over this, we have just rolled out new Nexus 9000,
it has trunks connected to legacy Cisco 3560.

Trunk status is up and connected, however on a whim I issued show spanning
int e1/4 detail and saw this:

   BPDU: sent 1487329, received 0
   BPDU: sent 1487326, received 0
   BPDU: sent 1487337, received 0
   BPDU: sent 1487355, received 0

We certainly don't have BPDU Filter turned on (even if we do, that will
prevent sending and receiving). No fancy config elsewhere. This is a (site
to site) metro ethernet service from Vocus, if that helps.

Vocus said they didn't do anything with BPDUs.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,
Andy