[AusNOG] census issues tonight

Robert Hudson hudrob at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 16:19:25 EST 2016

4pm Thursday afternoon in Sydney is hardly what I'd call peak.

Remember, they said about 2m submissions were done before the day.  Another
1m got in on the day before the whole system fell over.  That leaves them
with approximately 8.5m people to submit yet.  Let's say 1.5m submit paper,
there's 7m submissions to go.

Based on Tuesday, those who got in early got it done before it all came
crashing down.  People who are still inclined to fill out the census have
been conditioned to fill it in early - the question now is if they've
sufficiently increased the system's ability to cope with the legitimate
load, which will be peakier than the previously expected load profile due
to the balls-up on Tuesday.

Popcorn salespersons should be having a great day...