[AusNOG] census issues tonight

Glenn Hocking glenn.hocking at woosaw.com
Wed Aug 10 10:53:35 EST 2016

Stored data is never safe. If Australian Border Security can be infiltrated by criminal gangs as
recently disclosed in the media even with their stringent personnel checks then I would presume IT
companies are easy to infiltrate and have someone walk out with a USB disks with supposedly
'private' data on it. Were any of the IT personnel involved in the census including
hardware/network/software vendors checked?

Years ago I had a flatmate that did a lot of university courses. Turns out he was sending copies of
all the course papers and exams etc back to his home country..... He was a very intelligent and nice
guy. Who would have thought...

Cheers

Glenn Hocking | Managing Director
Woosaw Pty Ltd | www.woosaw.com.au
Sydney Office: +612 8090 3441 | Mobile: 0420 942 641
PO Box 391 │ Pyrmont NSW 2009  | Australia