[AusNOG] census issues tonight

Robert Hudson hudrob at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 07:46:53 EST 2016

Yeah, the truth hurt on that one, apparently. :)

A bit like the truth that yes, the site could crash, and yes, it could be
hacked, despite a bunch of promises to the contrary. No-one in their right
mind makes such absolute claims, they were always on a hiding to nowhere on
that one.

For what it is worth, whilst a DDoS is not strictly a hacking attempt, it
can be a pre-cursor to one, designed to soften a target or start causing
errors which can then be exploited.

I wonder what (if anything) our esteemed government and public servants
will learn from this.