[AusNOG] TPI Commentary on the NBN

Chris Hurley chris at minopher.net.au
Thu Aug 4 02:16:45 EST 2016

The article along with readers comments makes a pretty good summary of the
NBN.

The original model of fibre to the home was and is the correct way to go.
The current hybrid/mismatch is a classic case of designing  a race horse by
committee - i.e. You get a camel. I also agree with a comment Aus is not the
US. In both size of population and a social agenda to provide services to
all. Not just the Œrich¹ target markets of Melbourne/Sydney. In the US they
tend to only target high $ areas, here we try (don¹t always succeed) to
equalise city/bush.

If there had been less noses in the trough and a true vision the NBN could
have been great, instead we have the current miss mash. As to being price
competitive to provide options I¹ll leave that to others. I suspect we all
have an opinion on that chest nut.

Regards,

Chris Hurley BE (Elec), MBA
Director

 Minopher Pty Ltd     Phone: 1300 730 531
 74 Allanfield Crescent
 Boronia,  3155 Victoria
 Australia