[AusNOG] Consultation on s313(3) use

Scott Weeks surfer at mauigateway.com
Fri Apr 29 08:38:12 EST 2016

--- markzzzsmith at gmail.com wrote:
From: Mark Smith <markzzzsmith at gmail.com>

I think that is one of the problems of our profession. Most of what we do
looks like magic. So when we can't do something, a lot of people probably
just assume we don't know the right magic, or are choosing not to use
enough of it.

We can then get instructed to do it anyway.

That's what happens at $current-job.

mgr:  I need you to <do something stoopid>

me:   no, that's stoopid, networks don't work that way and I'm not going to do it

mgr:  I want it done.

me:   no, that's stoopid, networks don't work that way and I'm not going to do it

mgr:  yes, you will or you will get in trouble.

me:   okaaaaay, if that's what you want...

Of course, an email train is very important at this stage as <do something stoopid>
will have a bad impact on network operations sooner or later...

scott