[AusNOG] Telstra using US DOD IP's like they are RFC1918

Matt Smee m.smee at unsw.edu.au
Fri Apr 22 11:13:20 EST 2016

So to counteract my offtopic derailment[ :) ], I found this bit of
information:

http://blog.erratasec.com/2013/12/dod-address-space-its-not-conspiracy.html

    "The first is that existing private address spaces (10.0.0.0/8,
    192.168.0.0/16, 172.16.0.0/12) are frequently used inside a home
    network, and thus, might cause some routing confusion if also used
    outside a home gateway."

The space is non-routable, and _might_ be used to avoid any clashes.

Cheers,
Matt.