[AusNOG] Switch Port Utilisation Monitoring

Joseph Goldman joe at apcs.com.au
Thu Apr 14 13:34:17 EST 2016

Cacti would poll it every 5 minutes, or every minute if you set it up to
do so, and can count up the values of active ports and graph it over
time (trend data)

For logs on which ports were on at which time cacti wouldn't be the
right job, but SNMP polling could still tell you, you just may need to
look for a custom developed scripted solution. If not looking for really
pretty interface etc with basic scripting knowledge, google, and a few
hours to a day, should be able to get something working.