[AusNOG] Which NBN RSP are using PPPoE vs IP

Joseph Goldman joe at apcs.com.au
Wed Apr 6 10:30:37 EST 2016

iiNet and TPG are one company, but not one provider.

I've seen a few others do IPoE, personally experienced it with Skymesh
as 1 example - similar to you I use aggregation services and use PPPoE
as it fit in with my existing network design (L2TP / VPDN tunnels from
xDSL services) so was a very plug and play addition to my network.
  My provider has offered a non-L2TP hand-off for NBN services which I
believe they essentially bridge the connections to me as a Q-in-Q, which
I'm sure from there I could do IPoE, but I haven't seen much of a
convincing argument to force me to move over when my existing LNS's are
keeping up with the load and everything is already working.