[AusNOG] Which NBN RSP are using PPPoE vs IP

James Mcintosh james.mcintosh at rocketmail.com
Wed Apr 6 10:17:42 EST 2016

To all the NBN RSPs on list.
For NBN (FTTP and VDSL) subscribers are you using PPPoE to authenticate user CPE or straight IP/DHCP?
Correct me if I'm wrong but it would seem to me that Telstra and iiNet are the only NBN RSPs that use straight IP rather than PPPoE.
We are using AAPT's NWB which forces us to use PPPoE. This obviously adds both a network and support overhead and I'm wondering if there is any way to do straight out IP like Telstra and iiNet are doing. Interestingly it would seem that even TPG does NBN auth with PPPoE which seems odd given they and iiNet are one.