[AusNOG] Fw: important

Mark Smith markzzzsmith at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 22:24:17 EST 2015

On 30 September 2015 at 22:12, Noel Butler <noel.butler at ausics.net> wrote:
> On 30/09/2015 18:38, Mark Prior wrote:
>>
>> The From: line is
>>         From:
>> and I doubt either of those addresses are associated with the actual
>> source.
>>
>> If you look at the received headers you will see that it hasn't come
>> from Telstra Wholesale. Looks like it's from Thailand [110.78.145.79]
>> and reached the list from a mail server in Spain.
>>

> Exactly, I've had a few direct in past week, including one "allegedly" from
> Mark Smith, I don't have to ask him because I know he'd never send that crap
> CC'd to 50 other people :)

I've been trying to work out if spoofing my 'markzzzsmith' globally
unique, NSA approved email id makes me Internet famous or infamous.

I've also been wondering if I should add a email signature such as
"Only official Mark ZZZ Smith emails come from
markzzzsmith at yahoo.com.au or markzzzsmith at gmail.com. Mark ZZZ Smith
would also never send you your password in an email."