[AusNOG] AUSNOG in the news

Chad Kelly chad at cpkws.com.au
Sat Sep 26 15:25:33 EST 2015

On 9/26/2015 12:00 PM, ausnog-request at lists.ausnog.net wrote:
> Careful what we say:-)

The list is in the public domain, which means that anyone including
journos has access to it, just like with social media platforms.
I do personally still believe that this data retention stuff should be
moved to the communications portfolio as that department is a lot more
qualified to make decisions on aspects which are quite technical in nature.
I reckon at the very least we could lobby local MPs to have this done,
just like the site blocking legislation was moved fairly recently.
It needs specialized  technical knowledge and with the current setup it
is just not going to work long term.
All it will do is add extra costs to an industry that is already highly
competitive, at least in terms of the hosting side of the industry.
This stuff is only my personal opinion.

Regards Chad.

--
Chad Kelly